Apocrypha RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHARACTER CREATION PROFILE

Go down

CHARACTER CREATION PROFILE Empty CHARACTER CREATION PROFILE

Post by Alex Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:44 am

Below is the profile format for all characters, please use it when creating your character as any distinction from the format below will result in a refusal of the character until the necessary change(s) has(ve) been made. WHEN MAKING A CHARACTER: use this template, fill it in, and post it in the "Character Creation Forum", which should be where you found this thread in the first place unless you were linked to it, as a thread of it's own with the character's name in the title. From there on, all that is left is to await moderator or administrator approval and you can get straight to RPing! Please note that a moderator or administrator will make a post titled; "RECORD" before the character is considered for approval, this is where any and all changes to the character will be recorded, including additions and subtractions to their inventory.

Code:
[center][size=14][b]General Information Profile[/b][/size][/center]

[center][img]insert picture url here, if any is available. Please avoid using real people, fantasy or anime art are preferred.[/img][/center]

[size=18][b]CHARACTER'S NAME (in all caps)[/b][/size]

[font=georgia][size=11]

[b][u]Basic Information[/u][/b]

[b]Full Name:[/b] (First Name, Middle Name[s], Last Name)

[b]Age:[/b] (Rely on your species for this, a young adult Kyrian would have less years under their belt than a young adult Lilimian, for example. For hybrids, take the lifespans of all races, add them, and divide by the number of races. Hey, you wanted the uniquely mixed character, you bother with the math.)

[b]Date of Birth:[/b] (Please use the 13 month system detailed in the "Information" forum. No year necessary as we can determine this based on the age.)

[b]Race:[/b] (Please include any sub-race your character is issued from. Hybrids are permitted provided the races are compatible. [ex1: Kyrian, Avian], [ex2: Kyrian, Avian + Mammolian 50/50 hybrid], [ex3: Kyrian, Avian + Lilimian, Althean 50/50 hybrid], [ex4: Kyrian, Avian + Mammolian + Lilimian, Althean + Nocturne, Maraudian 25/25/25/25 hybrid]. Note that if your character is less than 25% of a given race, it will have no biological influence upon them due to the overall dominance of other genetics, meaning that the maximum amount of acknowledged races for any one character is 4 with absolutely no exceptions. I feel this already gives you freedom aplenty when it comes to customizing the genetical background of your character. This does not mean your character cannot have more than 4 races in their overall ancestry, just that 4 is the absolute maximum that can influence them biologically.)

[b]Gender:[/b] (Please include both any gender identity and their birth gender if said gender differs. [ex1: Trans-male, born female], [ex2: Cis-male <when both gender identity and assigned gender match, either include "Cis-" or don't specify, I'll leave it up to you as I fail to sufficiently care. Besides, each character's profile should be unique in its own way, right?>])

[b]Sexuality:[/b] (Your character's sexual orientation and preference, separated by a comma (unless asexual, for obvious reasons) [ex1: Heterosexual, Dominant] feel free to add specifics if need be [ex2: Ambisexual - leaning on Heterosexual, Ambivalent - leaning on Submissive.])  

[b]Affiliations:[/b] (Any group your character currently belongs to. Can be more than one, but keep it at a maximum of 2 at first, you CAN start off with no affiliation if that is your preference.)

[b]Prior Affiliations:[/b] (Any group your character formerly belonged to. Can be more than one, but try to be reasonable; it'd be absurd for your character to have been part of more than ten different groups over the course of a quarter of a century. Of course, feel free to simply write "none" if you so please.)

[b]Occupation:[/b] (What is your character's current employment? "Student", "NEET" or "none" are perfectly valid options.)

[b][u]Appearance[/u][/b]

[b]Physical Age:[/b] (How old your character appears to be by human standards. Something vague like "early 20s" or "late teens" is fine.)

[b]Height:[/b] (How tall is your character? Please use feet and inches. Fractions are allowed.)

[b]Weight:[/b] (How heavy is your character? Please use pounds. Fractions are allowed, as above.)

[b]Build:[/b] (A summary description of your character's built, no need to go into too much detail. Are they muscular? broad-shouldered? petite?)

[b]Skin Color:[/b] (What color is your character's skin? Please remain within the confines of your race for this.)

[b]Eye Color:[/b] (What color[s?] are your character's eyes? If altered, please specify [ex; Blue, but wears green contacts]. Again, please remain within the confines of your race.)

[b]Hair Style:[/b] (How is your character's hair style? Is it short and straight? long and wavy? Mid-length with prominent bangs brushed to the left? If your character has something en lieu of hair, please specify rather than simply writing "none".)

[b]Hair Color:[/b] (What color[s?] is your character's hair? If altered, please specify [ex; Dark brown, dyed purple with gray streaks])

[b]Fashion:[/b] (What does your character typically like to wear? Nobody always wears the same outfit, but a general idea gives us an eye into your character's fashion sense. No need to be overly detailed, just give us quick guidelines of their clothing choices.)

[b]Abnormalities:[/b] (Anything unique about your character that most people do not have? Birth marks, battle scars, etc. would all go here.)

[b]Alterations:[/b] (Does your character have any tattoos, piercings, surgical scars, etc.? If not sure whether something belongs in this section or the former; it belongs here if it was added to their body on purpose, but above if they were born with it or it was added unintentionally.)

[b][u]Personality[/u][/b]

[b]Base Alignment:[/b] (Where does your character fall on the "Lawful/Chaotic" alignment? How about the "Good/Evil" alignment? [ex: Chaotic Good, Neutral Evil, or Lawful Neutral]. If they are neutral in both respects, simply write down; "True Neutral". This is subject to change over the course of the RP, but try to remain within the base alignment you assign to your character at least for the first couple of weeks of playing them.)

[b]Personality description:[/b] (Try to summarize your character's personality in roughly 5-10 sentences. More is fine, but try to remain within that range as much as possible to avoid excess detail. Aside from how they behave; What are your character's hobbies? Dreams? Likes? Dislikes? Fears? Pet Peeves? Keep in mind that the more detailed this is, the less freedom you have in "adequately" role-playing this character.)

[u][b]Abilities and Powers[/b][/u]

[b]Handedness:[/b] (Is your character Left-handed? Right-handed? Ambidextrous?)

[b]Statistics:[/b] (The following 7 sections should have a number between 1 and 10. They should add up to 30 at the time of creation, though you can buy more points in any area using AE later on. These stats serve as general guidelines to the abilities of your character, rather than serve for a set-in-stone system. These will serve in the combat system of the RP elaborated upon in rules and information, but a quick refresher on what each stat does is provided.)
[spoiler][i]-Endurance:[/i] (Essentially functions as your character's HP. 1 point of Endurance is 10 HP. When HP hits 0, your character loses consciousness or dies depending on the desires of the attacker.)
[i]-Energy:[/i] (If Endurance is your HP, Energy is your MP, used to perform skills and artes. When this hits 0, you cannot use any of your special abilities, so be careful! 1 Energy equals 10 MP.)
[i]-Strength:[/i] (How much damage does your character deal on regular hits? Also affect offensive skills.)
[i]-Toughness:[/i] (How much damage can your character block? Also affects defensive skills.)
[i]-Dexterity:[/i] (How many actions can your character undertake in one post during combat?)
[i]-Agility:[/i] (Affects your character's ability to dodge, also affects evasive skills)
[i]-Will:[/i] (How much conviction does your character possess? Affects Artes and Endurance recovery.)
[/spoiler]

[b]Skills/Talents:[/b] (All non-magical abilities and specialized fields. You may have 3 at the start of the RP, short-form details will follow each sub-section, don't worry. For more details, visit the "Combat System" thread mentioned above.)
[spoiler][i]Name:[/i] (Name of the skill)
[i]Type:[/i] (Is this a skill or a talent? If a skill, is it an offensive skill, a defensive skill or an evasive skill?)
[i]Description:[/i] (A quick description of what this ability looks like in practice.)
[i]Rank:[/i] (Skills should start at rank D at the start of the RP, with possibility to increase later.)
[i]Effect:[/i] (What does the skill do? Examples are provided in the Combat System thread. Please specify what stats are affected.)
[/spoiler]

[b]Artes:[/b] (List here all spells known to your character. You may have 3 at the start of the RP, short-form details will follow each sub-section, don't worry. For more details, visit the "Combat System" thread mentioned above.)
[spoiler][i]Name:[/i] (Name of the artes.)
[i]Type:[/i] (Is this an offensive, defensive, boosting, dulling, or alternate Artes?)
[i]Description:[/i] (A quick description of what this Artes looks like in practice.)
[i]Rank:[/i] (Artes should start at rank D at the start of the RP, with possibility to increase later.)
[i]Effect:[/i] (What does the Artes do? Examples are provided in the Combat System thread. Will is always the stat used when Artes are concerned, though a mix of it and another stat is not uncommon.)[/spoiler]

[u][b]Equipment[/b][/u]

[b]Weapon(s):[/b] (Your character's weapons, accompanied by a description. It is reasonable for your character to start with a hybrid weapon, a plasma weapon, a runic weapon, OR two simple weapons, but no more.)
[spoiler][i]Name:[/i] (Name of the weapon)
[i]Category:[/i] (Is this a hybrid weapon, plasma weapon, runic weapon, or simple weapon?)
[i]Type:[/i] (Is this a melee weapon, ranged weapon, or both [hybrid only]?)
[i]Description:[/i] (What does the weapon look like?)
[i]Rank:[/i] (Starting weapons begin with a rank of D)
[i]Stats:[/i] (What enhancements does this weapon provide to stats? See the shop for what constitutes an appropriate weapon of this caliber.)
[/spoiler]

[b]Protection:[/b] (Your character's defensive accoutrement, with included descriptions. I will tolerate up to 7 Rank E pieces and will allow D Rank pieces at the cost of 2 Rank E pieces [ex: 3 Rank D and 1 Rank E, 2 Rank D and 3 Rank E, 1 Rank D and 5 Rank E.])
[spoiler][i]Name:[/i] (Name of this piece of equipment)
[i]Category:[/i] (Is this protection worn as a shield? If not, is it worn on the head? shoulders? arms? hands? feet? legs? chest? waist?)
[i]Description:[/i] (What does it look like?)
[i]Rank:[/i] (Starting armor begins with a rank of D)
[i]Enchantments:[/i] (None for now.)
[i]Stats:[/i] (What enhancements does this armor provie to stats? See the shop for what constitutes an appropriate armor of this caliber.)
[/spoiler]

[b]Artifacts and Tools:[/b] (Rings, Earrings, Pendants, and other ornaments worn by your character that bestow them with some advantage or other that isn't purely aesthetic in nature either through technological or magical means. Please limit this to a maximum of 3 at the time of creation.)
[spoiler][i]Name:[/i] (Name of this piece of equipment)
[i]Category:[/i] (Is this a ring, an earring, a pendant, a cloak, a bracelet, a necklace, a choker, a belt, a tool?)
[i]Type:[/i] (It is magical or technological in nature?)
[i]Description:[/i] (What does it look like?)
[i]Rank:[/i] (Starting artifacts begins with a rank of D)
[i]Effect:[/i] (What does this artifact/tool do? Does it increase a stat? Does it allow you to latch onto things at a distance? Does it alert nearby allies? Does it protect from a specific type of attack? Does it allow you to recover Endurance or Energy at a faster rate? Does it increase the power of a certain type of magic? See the combat system for possibilities and details.)[/spoiler]

[b]Underlings:[/b] (Anyone subservient to your character should be listed here. For now, there will not be any, but you can acquire more through the shop or interactions later on. I recommend NOT voiding the spoiler so you can fill it in once you acquire an underling.)
[spoiler]
[b]Name:[/b] (Name of the Underling)
[b]Image:[/b] (If applicable, if not; remove this section.)
[b]Description:[/b] (What does this character look like? Please be as descriptive as possible, no "look at picture" here.)
[b]Status:[/b] (Is this character your underling as an "Employee", are they "Sworn" to you, a "Slave" to you, or simply a "Comrade-in-Arms"? Different Statuses impact their relation to your character.)
[b]Personality:[/b] (5 key personality traits and a quick sentence or two to describe their personality.)
[b]Rank:[/b] (An underling's rank decides their Stats as well as how many Skills and Artes they may possess, with their level being a percentage of your character's own.)
[b]Stats:[/b]
[i]-Endurance:[/i] (Essentially functions as your character's HP. 1 point of Endurance is 10 HP. When HP hits 0, your character loses consciousness or dies depending on the desires of the attacker.)
[i]-Energy:[/i] (If Endurance is your HP, Energy is your MP, used to perform skills and artes. When this hits 0, you cannot use any of your special abilities, so be careful! 1 Energy equals 10 MP.)
[i]-Strength:[/i] (How much damage does your character deal on regular hits? Also affect offensive skills.)
[i]-Toughness:[/i] (How much damage can your character block? Also affects defensive skills.)
[i]-Dexterity:[/i] (How many actions can your character undertake in one post during combat?)
[i]-Agility:[/i] (Affects your character's ability to dodge, also affects evasive skills)
[i]-Will:[/i] (How much conviction does your character possess? Affects Artes and Endurance recovery.)
[b]Weapon:[/b] (What simple weapon does this underling wield?)
[b]Skills And Artes[/b]
(A point form list of skills and artes owned by this character. Here, you are limited to the basic ones provided in the examples of the combat system, so no need for descriptions, names will suffice.)
[/spoiler]

[b]Pets:[/b] (Please list any pets owned by your character. A limit of one average-sized animal is set when starting the RP, though the animal may grow later on and you may tame/purchase/find new ones down the road.)
[spoiler]
[b]Name:[/b] (Name of the Pet)
[b]Image:[/b] (If applicable, if not; remove this section.)
[b]Description:[/b] (What does this pet look like? Please be as descriptive as possible, no "look at picture" here.)
[b]Personality:[/b] (3 key personality traits of this pet.)
[b]Rank:[/b] (A pet's rank decides their Stats, with their level being a percentage of your character's own.)
[b]Stats:[/b]
[i]-Endurance:[/i] (Essentially functions as your character's HP. 1 point of Endurance is 10 HP. When HP hits 0, your character loses consciousness or dies depending on the desires of the attacker.)
[i]-Agility:[/i] (Affects your character's ability to dodge, also affects evasive skills.)
[/spoiler]

[u][b]Additional Information[/b][/u]

[b]Brief Biography:[/b] (A summary of your character's life up to their addition to the RP. Try to have a minimum of ten lines of text here, to give us a feel for their past, though more is perfectly acceptable.)

[b]Friends:[/b] (Are any characters considered friends by your own? Make a point-form list. Like everything else, this can be updated later. You CAN leave this and the two sections below blank by either writing "none", "n/a" or "????".)

[b]Family:[/b] (Any significant family members? Make a point-form list and please specify the relation. [Ex: John Doe - Father] If one of their family relations is dead, please specify [Ex: Jane Doe - Elder Sister - Deceased]. No need to specify HOW they died, it should figure somewhere in their biography if the character is important enough to mention here.)

[b]Enemies:[/b] (Are any characters considered foes by your own? Make a point-form list. Contrary to the above, please don't add deceased characters here. Holding a grudge beyond death may be interesting in your character's biography but would not be relevant to the RP proper.)  

[/font][size=11][size=11][size=11][size=11][size=11][size=11][/size]

Last edited by Alex on Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:27 am; edited 8 times in total
Alex
Alex
Admin

https://apocrypha-rp.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

CHARACTER CREATION PROFILE Empty Questions and Answers

Post by Alex Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:42 pm

Any Questions pertaining to character creation will be answered below for future reference as well as in a direct reply to the inquiring party, though some are already answered for your convenience.

Q: Where can I find the information I need to fill out my character?
A: All information you could possibly need is found either in the post above or in the Rules and Information section.

Q: Are there any examples which can be used to make my character?
A: We encourage originality, but if its simply to clear things up in a way that the explanations above could not through an example, you'll find plenty of characters in the approved section including NPCs which may serve as decent examples.

Q: Can I ask a mod or admin to help me with my character profile?
A: Absolutely! Though please try to figure things out yourself before doing so. Out of principle, any such inquiry will be answered with the relevant links, and further detail or help will only be given if you inquire further. This is not intended as a personal attack, but as a way to speed things along as much as possible, so please forgive the moderators and administrator for assuming you neglected to read something.

Q: Can I ask another mod or the admin to review my character if a mod or the admin has already refused it?
A: Simply put; No. To explain; someone would not be part of the mod + admin team if their understanding of what does and doesn't go in the RP was not the same as that of the admin, so you're likely to get the same answer regardless.

Q: Can I ask a mod or admin to explain in greater detail the reason why my character profile was rejected?
A: ABSOLUTELY! Feel free to do so as many times as need be! We have a certain standard here, but we are by no means elitists. We simply ask that a modicum of effort be done before a character can be approved, that's all. If you're willing to put work in, we're willing to help you, explain things to you, and do so smiling every step of the way.

Q: I have a question that hasn't been answered here, can I ask an admin or mod about it?
A: ABSOLUTELY! AND IT WILL BE ADDED HERE AFTER THE FACT! THAT'S WHAT THIS SECTION IS FOR!

Alex
Alex
Admin

https://apocrypha-rp.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum